Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 8: Yo Mamma

An image of a lot of Sephora makeup in the toilet with the text: "When she starts tweeting #wastehistime2016"

Clark Gregg of Coulson fame wants a Black Widow movie.

A friend tries to buy a Rey toy for his nieces and finds none.

A lot of fan art of Sailor Moon.

China passes first ever anti-domestic violence law.

Yo mamma jokes.

Women talk about trying to look unattractive or conservative after an assault.

A 78 year old man is admitted to the hospital because he had a heart attack while having sex with his wife (this happens often). The staff smile, laugh, and nod, expressing appreciation that he was still 'able to do all that' at 78. Jokes include needing to be calmer/gentler with sex for awhile, and that he'll need to 'have his wife be on top doing the work' for a few weeks.

"Doctor, are we admitting the patient from ER?"
"If she's a 24 year old Victoria's Secret model, we sure are! Ha ha!"

Chick armour.

An image of robots at computers. In the middle is a woman at a computer. The article says "Things you need to stop saying because you sound like a corporate robot." How many articles do we need to tell women how to speak?

A friend whom is a software developer lost her last job because she wanted to be treated like a person not a girl.

A picture of a man and woman walking side by side. The man is on the inside of the sidewalk. The woman on the outside. The text reads: "Only a true gentleman knows what's wrong with this picture."

"I don't want to look pretty. I want to look otherworldly and vaguely threatening."

Playing an RPG with friends there's a guy running another game a couple tables down. A guy I know has harassed and abused a friend of mine. But he's just there like any other guy.

Cops probe scary stalking case in parking lot.

Pictures of the world, mostly politics, if all the men were photoshopped out. Quiet place.

"Hey little lady are the boys around? I have a problem that's a bit too complicated for you." My friend is a software developer. Men think she's stupid all the time.

"It's more important to teach women to reject men politely than to teach men how to take rejection peacefully." A woman tweets.

The revelation that the Rider-Waite tarot deck also had a third major contributor, a woman, whom receives no credit.

A fabulous feminist ally posted about how we shouldn't reduce women's "good news" vaguebooking to her being pregnant.

A family member tells me about how her daughter suffered two abusive partners. She reported the abuse time and again but the police believed the male partner, not her.

After a brief experiment in being a less sexual and more content heavy Maxim, which featured Idris Alba on the cover, Maxim returns to its roots with its new Editor. "And it's likely not something that will be seen in the new-new Maxim, which is going the way of Bilgari: Nice watches, fast cars, beautiful women whenever you want them, a nice dash of yuck."

A Rolling Stones article about a violent rape case was pulled after it couldn't be substantiated. Jackie, the victim, is believed to have either lied about the incident or embellished an actual attack. One survivor writes: "Speaking as someone, like so many of us who were (are) the victims of horrific abuse, I want desperately to believe Jackie and everyone who has the enormous courage to come forward. After all, no one believed me."

An article on how tough women end up in abusive relationships. Hits close to home. "At work or onstage, you respond to trauma with a stupid joke. When my boyfriend texted that he was going to set my apartment on fire, I turned and asked my friend at the party, 'What am I going to do? I'll never find another place that close to the park.'"

A Ugandan woman writes: "After having living for seven years with an abusive husband, I decided it was time to leave. I didn't think I would survive another year if I stayed, so in 2011, I walked out the door and broke the crippling silence and isolation the abuse had made me feel. I felt empowered and free, and finally looked toward my future. But because I left my marriage, my husband considered me 'disobedient' and therefore, worthy of punishment. So one day, when he called me to pick up my children at his house, and suddenly acid was thrown at my face and body."

A tattoo artist named Billy Webbz posts that "99% of 14 yo girls are sluts.... We need to start a new culture like the Africans and chop out there girl parts.... Bet they won't be whores anymore lol"

A friend tells me about the sexism she experiences from a female mentor/role model whom calls my female friend "cupcakes" and insists she only got this far in her career because she's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment