Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 30: If you fuck her right

On brave women: "this is absurdly hilarious. there is no woman that is intimidating. bravado does not make a weak tough; only comical."


More commentary from the male crowd on strong women: "How is a woman's strength useful to men? I mean, if the man is already strong, why would he be interested in strength?
A man doesn't need a woman's strength as much as he needs her relationship qualities.
How is a woman's strength useful to a man? Is she going to protect him if they get mugged, while he holds the babies?

Is she going to comfort him if he is sad? If he gets fired and cries, will you comfort him? (Or will you dump him?)
A woman's strength is as useless to men as a second dick, because, if a woman has to give you her strength, she will see you as weak.
Men are attracted to something they CAN'T have themselves, which is a progeny.
For that, they need a healthy and caring woman. A strong woman, a rich woman, a diplomed woman, all of that is of NO use to a strong man."

A man mocks women who proclaim themselves strong. "Me Strong Woman no need Tarzan, You Man be a weak lily pansy.

Article on dating a 'strong alpha female'... "A strong alpha female might seem intimidating at first, but there’s more to her than just her fiercely strong persona. The alpha female, if you dare dabble, is the best girlfriend you’ll ever have."

"if you fuck her right, she won't need affection after sex"

"For 47 years, Jacqueline Sauvage suffered cruelty and humiliation at the hands of her husband, Norbert Marot, a violent alcoholic who also raped the couple's daughters and beat their only son.
Since meeting Marot as a teenager, Sauvage allegedly endured almost daily violence from her husband without her ever reporting him to the police.
On September 10, 2012, she fired three shots at Marot, who was slumped in a plastic garden chair in the family's yard after drinking three shots of whiskey. Last December, Sauvage was sentenced on appeal to ten years in jail for unpremeditated murder, after the court threw out evidence that she had acted in legitimate self-defense."

Black background. White text. "Guys, when a woman is mad, just tell her that she's overreacting. She'll realize you're right and calm right down."

Man posts art. It's of a blue tattooed fantasy woman. Her shirt is open and she's almost pulled it off of the pointy tip of her breasts.

A study shows that men aren't "hardwired" to find breasts attractive, just that concealing body parts makes them desirable.

Cartoon of a man and woman topless at the beach. Both are larger bodied. Text above man's head says: "Geez, Helen. You can't go on the beach like that. It's obscene!"

A comment on telling men to be gentlemen: "Being a gentleman gets your heart stepped on. Nevertheless I will continue to be one because it's what my mom taught me to be"

Image of Vin Diesel appearing pensive. Text reads: "Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice."

An article detailing how men and women write about their love interests. "A link between love and respect hardly seems like a unique or daring proposition—until we consider that so many male authors have tended to think about love very differently. Straight male authors devote far less energy to considering the intelligence of their heroes’ female love interests; instead, they tend to emphasize visceral attraction and feelings."

"After last year witnessed the killings of at least 23 transgender women, 43-year-old Monica Loera is now the first known trans homicide victim of 2016. On January 22, Loera was shot in front of her home in Austin, Texas. She was taken to a hospital where she later passed away."

"I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story--I will." Amy Schumer

An article on 9 historical women rarely talked about. "The reason we've never heard of so many important female historical figures is that, for all the opportunities women now have that they didn't before, as a society, it's easy to fall into the same narratives of powerful men, rather than study powerful women. While we've made some progress in providing more opportunities for women to become publicly-recognized figures, our approach to history remains a powerful reflection of the influence of our patriarchal society."

Home alone tonight. Instant anxiety as I feel unsafe because of my harasser's reappearance.

Someone hugged me from behind today. I jumped and my heart leapt. Still nervous.

Got yelled at by some guys driving by in their car.

A client talks to me about getting pregnant. She asks for advice and what to expect. She then adds she doesn't want to tell anyone she and her partner are thinking of trying because of how much pressure it would put on her and she's worried about miscarriage.

Image of an engagement ring on a woman's hand, and a horse ring in a barn. The text: "Most girls want this ring" (over the diamond), "I just want this ring" (over the horse ring).

This morning a dear friend saw me on the street car. She came out over, said hello, and touched my shoulder (we're both comfortable touching each other). I had my head phones on, because I hate people talking to me (men talking to me). My anxiety was still really high from yesterday's encounter. I jumped when she touched me and felt my heart thud into my chest. I'm not afraid. Nope. Not at all.

One of the reasons I struggle with weight is that food is my comfort. When I'm stressed or upset or feeling fragile I want to eat take out. Yesterday I saw the man who harassed and stalked me for a year. So naturally I got home, felt incredibly anxious, and ordered take out.
I had serious heart palpitations and thudding pulse and a stress sweat opening the door to the take out guy.

Woman thanks for photographer making her a "pretty girl" 

Gretta Zimmer Friedman, the woman in the soldier returns home kiss on the docks from 1945 photograph, which is immortalized as a glorious moment, talks about that moment: "That man was very strong. I wasn't kissing him. He was kissing me." 

Photo of 6 women, ranging from 111 years to 7 weeks old. It says "six generations of women in one room." The mother of the 7 week old is 16.
One of the comments: "All I took from that was 5 generations of knowledge couldn't stop that 16 year old from being stupid and having a baby while still a teenager."
Another comment: "Just shows that this generation are the quickest to open their legs...."


No comments:

Post a Comment