Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 29: Slap Her Butt

Watched the Conan O'Brien plays Smashbrothers. He makes a joke about Mario not speaking English very well and then at Zerosuit Samus makes a purring noise. I'm done.

Conan O'Brien plays Fallout 4. Every female he makes a sex joke about.

Image of a man engaging in pony play with three women, one is pulling the carriage, two make up the seat of the carriage. The text reads: "When someone accuses you of seixsm but instead of arguing with them you get on your carriage and ride away."

"In a powerful tribute to the resiliency of the human spirit, domestic abuse survivor Darrian Amaker has posted a video taken from her hospital bed. Her message, which has since gone viral, is clearly striking a chord with people."

Man writes an article about calling women crazy, rather, how we have to stop. "Women hear it all the time from men. “You’re overreacting,” we tell them. “Don’t worry about it so much, you’re over-thinking it.” “Don’t be so sensitive.” “Don’t be crazy.” It’s a form of gaslighting — telling women that their feelings are just wrong, that they don’t have the right to feel the way that they do. Minimizing somebody else’s feelings is a way of controlling them. If they no longer trust their own feelings and instincts, they come to rely on someone else to tell them how they’re supposed to feel."


"Yet when Robin Thicke released “Paula” — a plea for reconciliation with his ex-wife Paula Patton disguised as an LP — he was called incoherent, obsessed, heartfelt and, in particular, creepy.
But you didn’t hear men calling him “crazy” — even though he used it as the title of one of tracks.
No, “crazy” is typically held in reserve for women’s behavior. Men might be obsessed, driven, confused or upset. But we don’t get called “crazy” — at least not the way men reflexively label women as such."

A woman writes about an experiment where she stopped apologizing. "A 2010 Canadian study, referenced in a lot of examinations of women and apologizing, found that women tend to apologize more because their threshold for offensive behavior is lower than mens'. Thinking about my own work history, I doubted that — because, in a near-decade of working in the corporate world and saying "sorry" on the daily, I could count the number of sincere apologies I had delivered on two hands."

From an article on women dying because they said no to a man: "This sobering reminder of what could happen to a woman because she dared to choose for herself what she desired shook me. This is what my mind had been wrestling with the night before—finding a grim disquiet in the unnecessary things women deal with on a daily basis for no reason other than they have dared to be women. Many men of the world decided long ago that they were entitled to women’s bodies. "

“I wish you weren’t a lesbian, Kari. You’re really great and smart and one of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever met. I just wish you weren’t a lesbian.”

"you know, men don't like..."

"That's not very lady like"

Waiting for the streetcar today a man pulls up in a van. I'm standing there, cold, because it's cold. I'm avoiding looking at him. Because I don't want to interact. So I keep looking to the right and then when I look towards the left we make eye contact. He smiles at me. I glance away again. When I looked back he nods his head for me to get into the van. I spend the next minute looking to the left avoiding him. He speeds off aggressively when the light changes.

"Why dont you give us a smile?"

A woman's hands between her knees. Text: "our bodies are not public property."

Woman standing there in floral print dress. Text says: "Ladies, you don't have to dress up half naked to get a mans attention. Real men don't like their woman dressed like she is for sale."

"Hi my name is Jacie. I am a 33yr old transwoman living in Arkansas. I came out as transgender well over a year ago. After coming out to all of my friends and family. I was beaten by some co workers. At a christmas party. Alcohol was involved. And it was at the company bar. They broke several bones in my face. The police department failed/refused to investigate it. The lawyer I went to told me this was my fault. For putting myself into a situation where this could happen to me. "

More on fatcalling: "‘Fatcalling’ is a term I came up with to describe the abuse fat people, typically women, have hurled at them on the street. In my experience, the mainstream feminist narrative surrounding catcalling doesn’t allow much room for experiences like mine. Instances where I haven’t been objectified because the harasser considers me physically attractive, but instead where I’ve been denigrated because the harasser has decided I am not. Instead of ‘hey sexy’, I usually get ‘hey Jabba’ (as in Jabba the Hutt, who is the boss of everyone so thanks for saying I’m powerful!!!) or ‘you’re a whale/hippo’, both of which are extremely cute animals that could crush a human being if they wanted to."

Article on catcalling and fatcalling: "I have been catcalled exactly once. It was late at night, I was alone and waiting for my Uber outside the gates of LA’s Griffith Observatory, and I was already on edge. A group of guys drove past and shouted ‘cuanto?’ at me, meaning ‘how much?’ in Spanish. I do actually speak some Spanish, but it was my first time dealing with ‘traditional’ catcalling, and I wasn’t thinking clearly. I couldn’t leave, but thankfully they did."

Man pays for child support with cheques with him and his new wife in the background.

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. Please date me or I will stalk you." Valentine's Day cards based on male dating behaviour

""More than 300 women have been shot, stabbed, strangled, beaten, bludgeoned or burned to death by men in South Carolina over the past decade, dying at a rate of one every 12 days while the state does little to stem the carnage from domestic abuse," reads Till Death Do Us Part's description. 
Till Death Do Us Part—a Post and Courier photo series that took place over eight months—won the Pulitzer Prize for its outstanding work this week. The photos and accompanying reportage shed light on the staggering number of women killed by men in South Carolina, a state which has the second highest number of domestic abuse cases in the nation."

Sexist interview question: "Are you planning on having children soon?" "Can you flirt with the customers to make them stay longer?" "Do you get PMT?" "What do you think about dating someone in the office?"

Women were asked what were the most offensive questions they'd been asked in an interview.

Image of a woman looking down at a window. Text: "A weak woman will make your life hell if you leave her. A strong woman will just leave you the hell alone and move on with her life."

"sit like a lady"

Video on how ad campaigns for women are about getting old, fat, and peeing yourself.

A comment on the article about the blow-up sex doll gifts a Chinese company gave it's single male employees: "Why use a sex doll if you can murder someone and use the corpse instead? I don't get it..."

A tech startup in China held an annual party in Guanghzhou on 24 January, and it awarded the most bizarre bonuses to single male employees as an alternative to cash--blow-up sex dolls.

Post that says: "If you're promoting changes to women's behaviour to "prevent" rape, you're really saying "make sure he rapes the other girl"

On a feminist article about catcalling, a man posts: "You're still going to be critcized, so you might as well do whatever the fuck you want."

"This is going to be fun. I mentioned the pay gap on the Bernie article as he talked about it on facebook yesterday and I’ve gotten a half dozen or more comments from people telling me that the pay gap doesn’t really exist." IN regards to the Obama initiative

Article on Obama's initiative to help close the pay gap.
"Women’s salaries amount to 79 percent of their male equivalent, on average (the median wage of a woman working full-time in the U.S. is $39,600, versus a man’s earnings of $50,400), and according to a fact sheet released by the White House: “While the gap has narrowed slightly over the past two years” since Obama’s previous executive orders were put into place, “there is much more work to be done to ensure fair pay for all.”

In addition to pay data collection, the President is “renewing” his plea to Congress to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would provide women with additional methods for fighting discrimination. Thus far, Republicans have preferred to keep their gender discrimination, thank you very much; Republicans like Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn) have noted that laws like the Paycheck Fairness Act would only result in “more lawsuits,” which, as Erin Ryan previously pointed out on this site, “is a fun way to admit that businesses are probably paying women less in a way that’s egregious enough to merit legal action.”"

The model who gets too many dick picks and her friend decide to tell the girlfriends of their harassers. “I think the first time I decided to contact a girlfriend was probably close to two years ago when I opened my Instagram inbox to yet another dick pic with an explicit caption about wanting to fuck me from some random guy I’d never spoken to,” Laura told BuzzFeed News.
“I wrote back, telling him that his behavior was terrible, and he replied with a string of sexual slurs and abuse, and kept calling me a slut.”

An article on a model who receives too many dick pics because she's a model. “I usually receive at least one or two dick pics per day, at minimum,” Emily told BuzzFeed News. “It’s just been consistently happening for so long. I became absolutely fed up with these kinds of disturbing and disgusting messages and comments online.”

A new lingerie company has models with arm pit hair. People comment on how this is gross and ugly.

A commenter on the article about parents who "spanked" their 14 year old daughter for sending nudes.
"Being 14 and sending nudes is very bad. That’s when you sit your kid down, have a talk about how nothing disappears online and that will follow you around, sexual promiscuity, find the root of the problem, take away her phone, get her therapy and then you whip a battery at her head if all that doesn’t work."

"Last week, a Canadian mother and father who spanked their 14-year-old daughter with a hockey stick and a jump rope were convicted of assault with a weapon. After finding out that the teen had sent nude pictures to someone on the internet, the parents reportedly gave her the choice of being grounded or being spanked. She chose a spanking."

Comment on an article about armpit hair and the beauty standards: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can't "prove it".
I think they're all nasty as hell and need a shave."

At a game tonight I see the guy who harassed me for over a year. He's been kicked out of tag. Another organizer invited him to a tag game. Full well knowing stalker dude had been removed from tag for harassment.

"I'd much rather go out with the hot girl, but you're attainable." Heard on streetcar. 

Image of Boromir from Lord of the Rings in his "one does not simply walk into Mordor" frame. The text overtop says "One does not simply walk past his wife in the kitchen and not slap her butt." 

Two hands. One has crystal looking powder on it. One has dirt. The text above the crystal says: "When you touch me." The text on the dirt says: "When you touch her."


No comments:

Post a Comment