Monday, February 1, 2016

Day 31: Rapists gonna rape

Woman talks about catcaling: "All women have these moments. All of us. And yet the world acts as if it's still our problem to fix." 

A woman talks about her morning commute. "This is what I was wearing this morning as I made my way through a crowded 34th Street subway station, and a man passing by me said, "Damn, you have some great legs." When I ignored him and kept walking, he turned around to follow me, to get closer, even as I was moving away. "Did you hear me, honey? I said you have nice legs. Damn! Thank you.""

Judgements on a cartoon girl. It says "Fake boobs. Slutty clothes. Too much makeup. Unnecessary accessories. 500 Boyfriends."

Grease: "Even though Danny and Sandy apparently had a perfectly lovely relationship before school started, if she wants to prove she's really deserving of his attention again, all she has to do is change every single thing about herself, from her appearance to her attitude, and take up smoking."

Jurassic World: "Once again, here's a lady who's presumably good at her job, but treated like she's a withholding ice queen because of it, when men who are distinctly not good at their jobs don't get even close to the same treatment. And don't even get me started on the running in heels thing."

An article discussing sexist movies. This one speaks of Interstellar. "If Anne Hathaway's character is that high up in NASA, it's probably that she's good at her job, right? And, when people are good at their job, they don't usually throw it all away — and by "all" I mean "the fate of the entire world" — just because they have a crush on a coworker, right? Unless they're a a woman in a Christopher Nolan movie, apparently."


An article discussing the Jian Ghomeshi trial beginning. "On Monday, former CBC Radio host Jian Ghomeshi will face the first trial for numerous sexual assault allegations made against him, The Guardian reports. In October 2014, three women came forward with stories of abuse from Ghomeshi, with one claiming he choked her almost to the point of unconsciousness.
A CBC employee claimed Ghomeshi had once grabbed her butt at the office and told her that he wanted to “hate-fuck” her. In the following weeks, more accusers, including one male, came forward saying Ghomeshi had groped, punched or choked them without warning. The number of alleged victims had reached more than twenty.

Man weighs on rape cultre on a post talking about how women get blamed for their rapes. "Rapists gonna rape...that'll never change. There is no justifying it, so I'm not sure what the point of this post is. However, there is something that should be brought to higher awareness...and that is the punishment of women who falsely accuse men of raping them. Women who did it for petty revenge or got busted cheating on their mate, so they claimed rape to save face. I have met men who were falsely accused. It ruined their life. Even after exoneration, you lose all credibility in society, can never own a firearm again, and end up staying on the sex offender list long after it's over. If it were up to me, I'd pass a law that made women serve the same sentence as the accused rapist would have if found innocent...but, I'm sure I'm just being a chauvinist."

Another man joins the argument: "Notice how a bunch of bitchy girls get mad when you try to simply help? Its cunts like you who stay single "where all the good guys at" lmao grow up" 

A man is called sexist by a woman for saying rape happens to unprepared women. His response: " you can easily tell your a feminist, especially by the lack of intelligence thinking me just being a male im wrong lmao as i can tell a dick is in your mouth today, not your hand"

A man gives rape advice: "True. But you hang around the barber shop too long you will get a hair cut. Just stick together and carry mace. I beieleive all auto parts stores have pepper spray"

A woman writes in a safe space about her experience with rape: "I am 17 years old. At 11 I was put into a foster home to be adopted where I was raped almost every night I was there. I will spare the gruesome details but it has left its scars. When I tried to speak up I was told I was crazy, that it didn't happen."

Image of Morpheus from the Matrix with Neo reflected in his glasses. Text says: "What if I told you friendzoning is bullshit because girls are not machines that you put kindness coins into until sex falls out."

"No man is responsible for the size of his dick but every woman are responsible for the smell of her pussy." 

"being friendzoned sucks"

Tweet: "rape culture and patriarchal values are KILLING GIRLS. feminism is UPSETTING WHITE BOYS ON THE INTERNET."

"I had an emotionally abusive partner several years ago tell me that I didn't look pretty when I smiled with my teeth. Literally every single time I smile with teeth in photos, those words play in the back of my mind." 

She talks about her body image after posting a selfie that didn't make her look slimmer, unlike another picture she had: "As time went on, I kept fantasizing about what it would be like to take down that image and replace it with the one taken at a better angle in a few weeks. I had to confront my body image issues head-on with this one. Despite considering myself a body positive proponent, it was truly difficult to not equate my self-worth with this photo that was making me feel inadequate. " 

A woman talks about posting ugly photos of herself on Instagram as an experiment: "I decided to start the ‪#‎uglyphotochallenge‬ on my birthday, of all days. And I found that posting an "ugly" photo of myself with a scowl on my face and no makeup on actually made me feel like shit. It didn't really matter to me what people might say, or whether they commented at all. It just made me feel like I was putting a less than desirable version of myself out there — one I didn't gravitate toward naturally." 

Because women are tasked with maintaining relationships and social stress, they tend to feel stress longer and more strongly.

An article discussing how men and women suffer stress differently. "Scientific studies to date have often relied on male experimental subjects, causing us to miss out on insights specific to women." 

Forbes releases an article on the highest paid athletes of the last decade. Ranking in at number 18 of 20, Maria Sharapova is the only female to make the list.

"So last night 3 black girls at UALBANY were assaulted on the bus by 3 white males while being called niggers and my university did not even properly respond to the situation until they saw people were upset on social media THE NEXT DAY. "

Girls tend to limit their aspirations around age 16 due to sexist and harmful laws and attitudes.

A friend describes her time when she passed as male, and how much more often people would come to her for help at her place of employment.

Boob windows in super hero costumes. 

My friend and I discuss the beauty standard in nerd culture, and she mentions that she feels she does the gaming community a disservice by being a fat woman

A friend talks about disliking a picture of herself due to how she feels she looks, and how she wishes she were a man. 

Helen Mirren article on how good she looks for her age.

"Super tacky!" About women showing their cleavage. 

Another comment on Susan Sarandon's breasts: "Pity it's sagging to her knees now...."

A picture of Susan Sarandon with her cleavage showing. A comment: ""nominated for a SAG"... what an unfortunate acronym."

"She looks amazing for her age." 

Black and white photo of a woman. White text "Never push a crazy bitch to the point where she no longer fears her actions." 

"Have you seen what some women are calling a "wedding dress"? At least you'll look respectable! It's your day!" On a woman wearing her military dress to her wedding.

Woman taking a mirror photo of herself in her military uniform. Text says: "I want to wear my uniform when I get married. Men do it all the time. I've earned it!" 

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (movie).

Guy likes manic pixie dream girl. Must fight all her exes to get her. She's not the main character. It's about his pursuit of her. He also comments on her history of exes throughout the entire film. 

"Smile." "Why don't you give us a smile?" "You'd be prettier if you smiled."

The treatment of Clara, by the Doctor, and mostly by Stephen Moffat.


No comments:

Post a Comment